Tag Archives: protection
This is a wonderful promise of God. As we are walking in God’s righteousness, no weapon that comes against us will prosper, and nothing that is said against us will carry weight. It will be shown to be false in the end.
Truth will always prevail. People gossip and say things that aren’t true to ruin our reputation, or they can say things that pull us down. But the truth will show up the error of their speech and the motives behind it. We can take heart and not listen to it. For we know the truth, we know our own motives and we know that we are walking uprightly before God and have clear consciences. We can be at peace knowing God will bring to light the truth and will vindicate us.
Perhaps you’re facing a battle today and you need your heart settled also. Maybe someone has come against you, maybe Satan is attacking your self-esteem. He might be telling some of you that there is not hope, or that you’ll never make it through whatever obstacle your facing right now.
No matter what the battle field looks like before you, no matter from what direction the attack is coming, there is a battle plan that will not fail. Jehosephat knew that plan. Here is what he did – and what you should do also no matter what or whom you face: (2 Chronicles 20)
- He sought the Lord (vs. 3-4) – and taught his followers to do the same.
- He praised God for who he was, for his strength, and remembered the works of the past (vs.6-7).
- He knew and claimed the promises of God’s protection for his chosen ones (vs. 8-11).
- He turned his eyes to God and waited on his directions (vs. 12-13).
- He received God’s instruction, and worshiped God when he received it (vs. 14-18). He did not wait to worship until the battle was won, but worship God even before it fully started.
- He followed God’s instruction and he went into battle worshiping and praising God (vs. 19-23).
- He experienced victory in the battle without fighting because he did what God told him to do which was simple stand – and God fought and won the battle for him! (vs. 22-27).
- He praised and worshiped God for the victory and told everyone how God gave him victory. (vs. 27-30).
If you are a fighting a battle this day, please rest in the knowledge that you already have victory. You may not see it yet, the battle might rage on for a while, but victory is already yours. You need only to fall to your knees, put on your armor, and then stand and let God fight for you.
How comforting it is to know that wherever we go God is there with us. Sometimes we find ourselves in situations and we wonder if God is paying attention. We may feel so alone and even depressed. We can’t feel God’s presence, and we need His guidance and help.
Sometimes friends, spouses, and parents don’t really understand what we are going through. But God does and He cares. God told Joshua to be strong and to have courage. Then He told him a wonderful truth: “The Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Yes, that’s right… wherever! We don’t have to feel all alone. God is with us. He is working out the problems, and we don’t even realize it.