Picture an assembly line of iPhones, with robots laying out all the electronics perfectly inside each case; with all their glass fronts untouched by human hands – not a smudge or a fingerprint to be found. What happens when one shows up with a defect? The software that runs the line deems it unworthy, and a robot picks it up and puts it in a reject pile.
Often our problem is that we think we’re in an assembly line, and we have to look flawless, just like we think the other people around us are. Maybe we don’t have to be flawless, but we at least compare ourselves to them. That’s the easiest way to feel down about yourself. You then kick yourself to the reject pile.
You are not assembly line creatures. We are “handcrafted” and as such, we have flaws. God sees this, and He picks us up. When He does, He rewrites our software so that we see ourselves as fearfully and wonderfully made. Once you realize that, you’re able to stay off of the assembly line of constant comparison.
So, what is your software – all your thoughts and feelings – telling you today? God sees you flawless through all your handcrafted beauty. Can you let Him rewrite you so that you can see that?
“My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness!” 2 Corinthians 12:9
PrayerWorks: Prayer for Dad Worked – My Dad’s pacemaker surgery went off perfectly, and he is home, watching it a little, but getting back to his hard-working perky self again. Thank you for your prayers. Thanks be to Jesus.
(CNN) Things you need to know about Zika Virus: It’s a new mosquito-borne virus prompting worldwide concern because of an alarming connection to a neurological birth disorder and the rapid spread of the virus across the globe. World Health Organization Director-General Margaret Chan called it an “extraordinary event” & declaring it a public health emergency. The Zika virus, transmitted by the aggressive Aedes aegypti mosquito, has now spread to at least 29 countries.
- What is Zika and why is it so serious? The Zika virus is a flavivirus, of the same family as yellow fever & West Nile. But unlike those viruses, there is no vaccine to prevent Zika or medicine to treat the infection.
- How is Zika spread? It’s commonly transmitted when an Aedes mosquito bites a person with an active infection and then spreads the virus by biting others. Those people then become carriers during the time they have symptoms.
- Where is the Zika virus now? According to the CDC and WHO, Zika has arrived in the United States, but only from travelers returning from these infected areas. The Zika virus is now being locally transmitted in Mexico, Samoa and South America.
- What can you do to protect yourself against Zika? With no treatment or vaccine available, the only protection against Zika is to avoid travel to areas with an active infestation.
- What’s being done to stop Zika? Researchers are hard at work in laboratories around the world trying to create a Zika vaccine.
At 25, It’s Trendy. At 65, It’s Distinguished. At 45, It’s The End Of The World: According to the New York Times, Millennial men are dying their hair gray for fashion purposes. We’ve seen this with young women, too. So we have young people going through extensive dyeing procedures to achieve what older people are trying to avoid. (New York Times)
It’s Hard Enough Making Sure Your iPhone Stays In Your Pocket: Police in the Philadelphia suburbs are asking the locals to be on the lookout for an item a woman lost while running: her gun. She lost it while on a run, and so far, it hasn’t turned up. You might say, well, who runs with a gun? But women are so prone to be attacked when alone and running, I can’t blame any female runner for being armed.
Events Calendar: Crime Stoppers Run 5K & 10K, Saturday, Feb 6 @ 7:00 am, at First Baptist Church of Lufkin
- CHIP TIMED EVENT – Top Male – Top Female – Age Group Winners – Children’s Participatory Awards
- Catch a Crook – Get a Prize: Officers will be dressed as crooks throughout the race. Catch one, grab their flag and you will get a prize at the end of the race.
- Race Day Schedule: 7-7:45am- Packet pick up & late registration – 8am- Kids Run Start – 8:30am- 5K & 10K – start 10am- Awards
- Register at http://www.onestoprace.com or at the event – Info at http://email@example.com or visit http://www.crimestoppersrun.com